Q:Once you get this you have to say 5 things about yourself publicly, and then send this to 10 of your favorite followers :3
- My eyes are each brown and blue. It’s called bilateral sectoral heterochromia. Basically, about 1/3 of the iris of each of my eyes is pale blue; the rest is brown.
- My goal, if I can ever find the time, is to start making all of my own clothing. I’m reasonably proficient with a sewing machine at this point, and it would be nice to have a wardrobe full of things that fit perfectly. Also, not having to go shopping would be nice. XD
- I’m still looking for the older Homestucks. (I know you’re out there!) Not that there’s anything at all wrong with younger fans; you all are totally awesome! But it’d be nice to not feel like the only 30+ year old in the room? XD
- I’m a transgender woman. I started transitioning in 2009, and came out at work in 2010. I’m lucky in that my friends, family, and workplace were all very supportive; living in Seattle helps in that regard. It seems like the Homestuck fandom (maybe fandoms in general? or just tumblr?) has a lot of trans*/non-binary/queer/every-other-word-I’m-not-thinking-of members in it. If any of you reading this ever need someone to talk to about this stuff - even if just a random stranger on the Internet - my ask box is open.
- Back in high school, my best friend and I would pass the time with Super Mario World. (yes, on the Super Nintendo. I’m old.) We got so good at it that in order to make it challenging, we had to make up rules like “you have to play upside down” and “you can only move by duck-jumping.” We still beat the game. XD
For anyone who wants to design a costume but has difficulty drawing bodies, croquis templates are very useful. You can find them in a variety of poses, body sizes, and male, female, and even child-sized forms.
This website has some good templates, you can also find them easily on Google (“fashion model template male/female”, or “croquis template” are good search terms).
Jade wants a hug!
Unfortunately she’s just a GIF in internet land and is therefore unable to properly receive a hug from people in the physical realm :c
I have never felt so guilty that I could not hug a gif before
There, now she’s getting a hug.